Title: Outstanding! 47 Ways To Make Your Organization Exceptional
Hosts: Randy Peck, M.D., Robert Peck
Guest Panelist: John G. Miller
Date: Thursday February 4, 2010
Time: 8 pm EST, 5 pm PST
Cost: Free webinar
Create an outstanding organization now!
John Miller believes that Outstanding! will do for organizations what QBQ! and Flipping the Switch have done for individuals.
Outstanding! is all about 47 ways to be so exceptional that we draw the market to us rather than push it away. This book is for corporations, nonprofits, churches, schools, and government groups.
Stand behind your staff * Don’t stagnate: Turnover can be a good thing * Make meetings meaningful * Listen in all directions * Forgive mistakes * Coach moment-to-moment * Make no excuses * Don’t speak in code * fight the fat – in good times and bad * Do what you promise
John G. Miller, a Cornell University graduate and founder of QBQ, Inc., has worked with hundreds of Fortune 500 companies and governmental and nongovernmental organizations and thousands of individuals to help them make personal accountability a core value – and become outstanding. Miller, who has appeared on national television and radio, is the author of the bestselling “QBQ! The Question Behind The Question” and Flipping The Switch: Five Keys to Success at Work and in Life.” He lives in Denver with his wife, Karen. They have seven children.
John writes, “The 47 ideas and principles that distinguish outstanding organizations are the absolute best ideas and practices I’ve come across, working with hundreds of organizations of all kinds since 1986. Each one stands on its own and is equally worthy of our attention. Some will inspire you, some with challenge you, and some will do both. But you will ultimately decide which of the 47 are critical to your organization – right now.”
Be fast * Train * Be flexible * Put people before policies * Try! Risk! Give! * Hire character * See everyone as a customer * Encourage one another * Never forget who pays the bills * Choose to change * Seek no culprits
What we will cover …
- What is Outstanding! all about?
- What does being outstanding mean to you?
- Why is being outstanding imperative for both organizations and individuals?
- What moved you to write Outstanding!?
- What are some of the problems Outstanding! will solve for organizations?
- Is Outstanding! an extension of your books, QBQ! and Flipping the Switch?
- What is in your background and experience that leads you to be an expert in this area?
- 47 ways to change sounds daunting. Can you advise on how to begin?
- Every author has a favorite chapter or story. What’s yours?
- Though written for the organizational world, how can individuals/families use this book to be outstanding?
- How can CEOs or any high level executive help their staff become outstanding?
- You’re an expert in the area of personal accountability. How do accountability and being outstanding tie together?
- Where can people buy Outstanding!?
Blessings to create an outstanding organization now!